Finfish Recipes, Shrimp Recipes
Shrimp & Snapper Pho
This tasty Vietnamese-inspired noodle dish is both comforting and customizable. From baby bok choy to mint springs to Thai basil, we encourage you to add as many fresh, aromatic toppings as you desire to make the soup your own.
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 4 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- banh pho rice noodles
- 2 red snappers, filleted and skinned
- 15 gulf shrimp
- Thai basil
- mint sprigs
- bean sprouts
- baby bok choy
- jalapeño slices
- lime wedges
- green onions
- enoki mushrooms
- Add the vegetable broth, garlic cloves, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, star anise and cinnamon stick to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a simmer.
- In a separate pot, cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Strain the broth.
- In a separate pan, cook shrimp 3-5 minutes per side or until opaque.
- In a separate pot, steam snapper until cooked through, then cut into chunks.
- To serve, place noodles in a bowl and ladle the desired amount of broth. Add in a portion size of snapper (about 4-5 oz).
- Serve alongside a plate with all the fixings. Each person can decide what to add to their own bowl.