Whole Grilled Grouper
Ready to take your grilled fish to the next level? Try cooking it whole. We promise, it’s not as scary as you might think. As long as you get enough oil on the grill to keep the fish from sticking, your grouper is good to go. And don’t just do it once, but also before you flip the fish.
Serves two to three.
- 1 whole Grouper, cleaned and descaled
- 2-3 mangos
- 1 red onion
- 1/3 cup tandoori spice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- vegetable oil
- Coat the entire grouper with vegetable oil and then add the tandoori spice until the fish is covered.
- Heat up the grill to temperature. Lubricate the grill grates with plenty of spray oil to prevent sticking, then place the whole fish directly over heat.
- While the fish is cooking, dice up the mango, red onion and cilantro in a bowl. Squeeze the juice of 2 limes and mix. Set aside.
- Flip fish after 10-12 minutes (depending on the size of the fish) and grill for another 8-10 minutes. Remember to coat the grill grates with more vegetable oil before flipping the fish.
- Once cooked through, pull the fish off the grill and place it on a board. Scoop the mango and red onion mixture onto the grilled fish and serve.
- Tear and share!