Baked Drum with Lemon & Garlic
Black drum has a mild, sweet taste and firm flesh that makes it ideal for a number of recipes, just like this one. The filets get seasoned and baked with fresh garlic and lemon slices. It’s delightfully simple, low-carb and gluten free.
- 1 lemon
- 4 (5 oz) black drum filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the lemon into 8-10 thin rounds.
- Rinse and pat filets down with paper towels. Season each filet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place fish in a baking dish then sprinkle with fresh garlic.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the fish, then place 2 lemon slices over the top of each filet.
- Bake until the fish is cooked through and flaky, around 20-25 minutes.
- Top each piece with fresh parsley and serve immediately.