Baked Oysters with Chipotle Butter
A dab of smokey, creamy chipotle butter and a crunchy Parmesan topping provides a tasty pop of flavor to these baked oysters. You can also give your bivalves the broiled treatment or cook them on the grill.
- 12 Gulf Oysters in the shell, cleaned and shucked
- 1/2 cup chipotle compound butter
- 3 teaspoons panko bread crumbs
- 3 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- rock salt
- line wedges, for garnish
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Combine all chipotle butter ingredients and mix until combined. Keep cool until ready to use.
- Heat the oven to 500°F. Transfer oysters to an oven-safe platter or baking sheet pan with rock salt.
- Top each raw oyster with 2 teaspoons of chipotle butter, followed by Parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
- Place in the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.