Chili Lime & Gin Marinated Oysters
Sure, you can eat your oysters on the half shell with a simple squeeze of lemon, Or, you can turn up the heat with this spicy chili, lime and gin marinade. It comes together in minutes—just make sure your gin is ice cold before you combine the ingredients.
Serves one to two.
- 12 Gulf oysters, cleaned and prepped
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 shot gin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 red chili
- Place the juice of 1 lime, lime zest, gin, ginger, mirin, sugar, and red chilis in a jar and shake vigorously. Chill until ready to serve.
- Take one teaspoon of mixture and drizzle over each oyster before serving.
- Garnish with extra lime zest if desired.