Blue Crab Recipes
Classic Blue Crab Boil
Perfect for family gatherings in spring and summer, this Cajun-style seafood boil includes whole blue crab and andouille sausage. Red potatoes and sweet corn on the cob are the staple fillers, as they soak up the flavor of the seasoned water and cut some of the heat from the spices.
- 3/4 cup Zatarain's New Orleans Style Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 package Zatarain's Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 red potatoes, quartered
- 4 lemons, sliced and quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 2 pounds andouille sausage, cut into chunks
- 6 ears of corn, quartered
- 3 pounds of live, whole blue crabs
- Fill a stockpot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the Zataran’s Creole seasoning, paprika, Zataran’s crab and shrimp boil, bay leaves, red potatoes, lemons, and the halved head of garlic.
- Bring the mixture back up to a boil, then add the andouille sausage and turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add corn to the stockpot and cook. Add the crab to the stockpot and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove all solids from the pot, and spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a newspaper-covered table.