Blue Crab Recipes
This restaurant-worthy soup is thick and creamy, and features blue crab, hearty veggies, fresh herbs, heavy cream, cognac and seafood stock. Serve with freshly baked biscuits, crusty bread or pair with your favorite salad.
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 golden potato
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup cognac
- 3 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- microgreens, for garnish
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add diced onions, carrot and fennel and cook until the veggies start to sweat.
- Then add diced potato, minced garlic gloves and fresh herbs. For easy removal later, we recommend tying the fresh herbs together with twine before tossing them in.
- Stir in the cognac and cook until the alcohol has evaporated. Then add the tomato paste and stir to combine. Next add the seafood stock and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked down, remove the herbs and use an immersion blender to puree the ingredients in the pot. Then pour the contents through a sieve to create a creamy texture.
- Fold in the heavy cream and stir in fresh crab meat.
- Top each serving with extra crab meat, microgreens, a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper to taste.