Blue Crab Recipes, Finfish Recipes, Shrimp Recipes
Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms
A delicious blend of fresh mushrooms and a savory seafood stuffing to enhance your party or special dinner.
- 1 cup cooked, flaked fish, crab meat or chopped shrimp
- 24 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 cup fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Remove stems from clean mushrooms. Brush mushroom caps with oil and place on a baking sheet.
- Finely chop half the stems and sauté in butter with onion and celery.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sautéed vegetables with remaining ingredients.
- Stuff each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with paprika and bake at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Excerpted from Hooked on Seafood: A Compilation of Texas’ Best ©2007 by Annette Reddell Hegen.