Blue Crab Recipes
Crab Mac & Cheese
Take your love for mac and cheese to the next level with this creamy, cheesy, savory dish that’s loaded with jumbo lump crab meat. Topped with buttery Ritz crackers, it’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next holiday dinner!
- 1 pound cavatappi noodles
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 1/2 cups freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 cups crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until the mixture is aromatic.
- Slowly add in the milk and half and half, continuing to whisk. Continue whisking until the milk is smooth and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add all the grated cheeses except for ½ cup sharp cheddar,one handful at a time, stirring completely until melted before adding the next handful.
- Place the pasta in a baking dish – either a 9x13-inch baking dish or a 5-quart pot. Stir in the lump crabmeat. Pour the cheese sauce on top and stir to mix it all in. Top with the remaining grated cheddar.
- In a bowl, stir together the crushed Ritz Crackers with the melted butter and Old Bay. Sprinkle all over the top of the mac and cheese. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.